If you were President, what would you do to help restore the goodness and greatness of America?
Several specific things that I would consider immediately, include:
- End our foreign military adventures and close most of our overseas bases, redeploying forces stateside.
- Secure our nation’s borders, preventing the entry of illegal immigrants, supplementing our border patrol services with military assistance, as required.
- Dissolve the IRS and replace it with a simple and fair consumption tax.
- Remove control of money from the Federal Reserve System, repudiating the interest debt, and return the issuance authority to the U.S. Treasury to be backed by gold and/or silver.
- Balance the federal budget and seek a Constitutional amendment to require it.
- Reduce government largess by abolishing inefficient and invasive Departments (Education, Energy, Labor, HUD, Homeland Security, Agriculture) and eliminating the “czars” and their staffs.
- Repeal unconstitutional laws (Patriot Act, NDAA, affirmative action, Obamacare) and return appropriate jurisdiction to the states.
- Leave the United Nations (as it currently exists) and NATO.
- Eliminate all foreign aid, excepting specifically approved humanitarian relief efforts.
- Renegotiate our trade agreements/treaties (GATT, NAFTA/CAFTA, WTO) to make them “fair” rather than “free” and establish reasonable, but protective tariffs.
- Make English the official language in the United States and require non-English speakers to gain proficiency before being granted citizenship.
- Remove any dual citizens from security sensitive positions in government.
- Place term limits on federal offices and reform election finance laws to remove the power of special interests.
- Require Congress to abide by the same requirements which they legislate upon the American people, without exempting themselves.
- Repeal the 14th Amendment and restore to the people and states their sovereignty.
- Repeal the 16th Amendment, ending direct federal income tax on the people.
- Repeal the 17th Amendment and restore to the states their right to select Senatorial representatives.
- Encourage development of media alternatives and take anti-trust action against corporate media cartels to break up their information and entertainment monopoly.
- Develop incentives to relocate and grow the domestic production of natural resources, industry, agriculture and manufacturing.
With these first actions, I believe America could be back on its feet within 1-2 years and the American Dream restored — so that we would once again be emulated by the rest of the world, rather than despised. In this way, we might leave a world of peace, prosperity and happiness for our progeny.